Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

12/19/2014 - Daily Painting - Maxfield Parrish Christmas

I have been reading about Maxfield Parrish and how he would put a varnish glaze between each layer of color on his canvas. This must have been very time consuming and I wondered if he ever tried acrylics. Granted, acrylics were new during Parrish's time but many of his works have been damaged by his technique, I wonder if his works would have fared better if he used acrylics toward the end of his career?
Here is a winter scene done in acrylics inspired by Parrish and using Stephen Quiller's style.


Maxfield Parrish Christmas 2
6 x 6
Acrylic on canvas mounted on board

Here is the same scene I will use for my Christmas card this year.


Maxfield Parrish Christmas
5 x 7
Acrylic on board



No comments:

Post a Comment