Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

September 2018 Daily Practice

Cloud Study
6 3/4 x 4 3/4
Acryla Gouache on mat board


w/c and gouache test
Drew scene on location with pencil in journal. Next day outlined all with pen and colored in with w/c pencils overlaying with a wash of water. Brought out some details by adding more color with the w/c pencils and then using white gouache washed over the colors I laid down. Adjusted the hue by adding more color or gouache depending on what was needed. As usual, the w/c dried lighter, even more so with the addition of the white gouache. Holbein gouache was used here. I suspect that if I try to darken the hues with w/c some of the layers below will lift. I will try Acryla gouache in the future as the bottom layers will  not lift. I read that a varnish coat will darken the colors. 

Homer Study
6 x 4 1/4
Gouache on board



 Wolf's Neck Woods
9 x 7
Graphite

Popham Beach
9 x 7
Watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment